6 Nov 2019
We have responded to Welsh Government’s consultation on its draft International Strategy.
In it, we have commented that we would like to have seen more
involvement of voluntary organisations in the development of the
strategy and express concern about the lack of mention of the
sector as a whole.
We also note that:
- We welcome the commitment to work across sectors on this
- That the draft Strategy doesn't celebrate the vibrant cultural
life of Wales at community level, coordinated by voluntary
- There is no mention of community-based sports projects, despite
the role Wales plays in sport on the world stage.
- We need further details about what may happen with Erasmus+
- Equalities and human rights need to be protected post-Brexit,
but there is little mention of this.
- To ensure Wales' place as a centre for 'sustainable tourism',
environmental voluntary groups need to be resourced.
You can read our full response here.