Council for Wales of Voluntary Youth Services network
The Network delivers youth work to approximately 250,000 young
people in Wales between the ages of 11 and 25 years.
This work is delivered by some 30,000 volunteers and 4,000 paid
staff at organisations operating on a national, regional and
local/community basis across Wales.
CWVYS is the strategic, representative body for the voluntary
youth work sector in Wales. It is also a membership body and
currently has 86 organisations signed up as members.
The Network is supported by CWVYS on a range of issues,
- Membership of Youth Work Alliance Wales
- Advocacy for the voluntary youth services
- Influencing local and national policy
- Supporting diversity, equal opportunities, citizenship and
- Resource development
- Training & accreditation and quality issues
- Promotion of 'Youth Work in Wales: Principles and
- Partnership projects
- Networking in Wales, the UK and wider
- Promoting the languages and cultures of Wales
- Sharing information and good practice
- Funding support
How can an organisation join this network?
You should contact us by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling
us on 029 2047 3498, or by contacting us via social media, @CWVYS
(Twitter) and/or www.facebook.com/CWVYS
What are the current issues for the
- Supporting the delivery of the National Youth Work Strategy for
Wales 2014-18: how the voluntary youth work sector can contribute
to its aims and objectives, including a Quality Mark for the whole
sector; the Youth Engagement and Progression Framework; a National
- Collaborative working - both within the network and also with
external partners, eg, local authority youth services.
- Developing ideas for the National Voluntary Youth Organisation
- Active participation in and support for the Youth Work Alliance
- Access to learning opportunities, eg, the CWVYS Induction
Programme and progression routes to Level 2 Youth Work Award and