Stonewall Cymru is the leading all-Wales organisation
campaigning for equality for lesbian, gay and bisexual people at
home, at school and in the workplace.
and ask to join the TSPC Sexual Orientation Network
The network will work toward:
• Strengthened advice, information and advocacy services
that help lesbian, gay and bisexual people. Across Wales, LGB
people will have easier access to accurate and up to date
information, advocacy and advice and will better understand and
exercise their rights, and responsibilities, empowering them to
make informed choices.
• Public service providers will put the needs of LGB service
users at the heart of service delivery. The needs of LGB
people will be better understood and met in the provision and
planning of public services and they will be treated more fairly
across the public domain in Wales.
• There will be a more robust Welsh evidence base on matters
relating to sexual orientation, plugging the current gap and
providing a clearer direction for policy makers and providers of
• Improved confidence and trust in the criminal justice system
amongst Welsh LGB people, and increased reporting of hate crime and
referrals to Victim Support.
• More inclusive learning environments, proactive challenge of
homophobia and celebration of different families and role models in
education. Young LGB people will be able to meet their full
potential unhindered by their sexual orientation.
• More visible Welsh LGB role models. They will inspire
people throughout the country, help change attitudes, and
participate more in public appointments.