Welsh Refugee Council
The Welsh Refugee Council represents the needs of asylum seekers
and refugees on the Third Sector Partnership Council (TSPC). This
is an important mechanism for us to engage with the Welsh
Government and ensure that the voices of asylum seekers and
refugees are heard. We listen to the experiences of asylum seekers,
refugees and migrants in Wales and facilitate opportunities for
people to have their say.
We influence policy and practice in Wales to reduce incidences
of hate crime, and all forms of Violence Against Women and Girls.
We work with partners across the UK to improve the asylum system to
ensure that people live in safety and dignity.
We have a large network of voluntary sector organisations, asylum
seekers, refugees, migrants, volunteers and individual subscribers
who we keep updated with information, campaigns and new projects.
Over the next year we will be meeting with TSPC leads who represent
other areas, like employment, women and race equality, to discuss
how we can work together to make a difference to the lives of
asylum seekers and refugees.
An organisation can join our network by emailing email@example.com
or join our mailing list online by going to www.welshrefugeecouncil.org.uk
and click on stay informed
The current issues for the network include:
• Transparency in public funded grants
• Focus on areas of high Depravity
• Strengthen the Third sector
• Invest in physical recreating for people
• Develop mechanisms to reduce reoffending
• More access to early intervention and preventative care
• Holistic approach the health and well-being
• More affordable homes for Wales
• Influence LHB and other public service organisation to
involve the third sector in the redesign of delivery of
• More flexibility in funding