Explore how to record data from events effectively and accurately
07 July 2020 - Delivered through the medium of
To explore ways of recording the variety of data generated at
participative events and consultations
Being asked to take notes and record discussions during
participative events and consultations can feel daunting. Often a
lot of data will be generated and recording it accurately can be
This short course aims to explore ways of recording a variety of
data generated effectively and simply. You'll learn different
methods and strategies to make sure you don't miss a beat. You'll
also have the opportunity to practice your skills, sharing ideas
and tips with other participants.
By the end of the course, you will be able to...
- Explain how data from participative events and consultations is
- Compare types of data which may be generated at an event, and
appropriate methods of recording different types of data
- Describe examples of good and bad note taking
- Use practical tips and techniques for recording data
- Use planning and preparation stages to identify the best way to
Who this course is for
Administrative and frontline staff within public service and
third sector organisations who are required to take notes and
record data at participative events and consultations.