To provide an introductory level overview of the existing rules and regulations around data protection and confidentiality and outline the key changes you can expect to be introduced by the GDPR
Data protection laws are set to change with the introduction of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). From 25 May your organisation will be expected to comply with those changes, so you need to act NOW to be ready.
Specific topics that will be covered include:
- key definitions in data protection
- the data protection principles
- personal data
- security, accuracy and data quality
- subject access
By the end of the course, learners should:
- Be familiar with the 8 data protection principles set out in the Data Protection Act
- Be able to identify what information is classed as ‘personal data’ and apply that to their work setting
- Understand how to perform their role in a way that is compliant with data protection requirements
- Know how and when to report a data breach, if necessary
- Understand the relationship between data protection and confidentiality
- Understand the key changes you can expect to be introduced by the GDPR.
Who this course is for
The course will be of benefit to anyone who processes data on a regular basis, and those who have specific data protection responsibilities within their organisation.
09:30 - 13:00- In partnership with Mentrau Iaith Cymru
18 April 2018 (0.5 Days) - Morlan Centre (SY23 2HH)
Other dates and locations for this course