This three day course will focus on good practice in induction, supervision, appraisal, managing performance, staff support and team and individual development
This course provides opportunities for you to develop
your supervisory skills and to enhance your confidence and ability
to fulfil your line management responsibilities.
The course will give opportunities for you to practice your
supervision skills. The training methods will include presentation,
small group work, discussion and practice, all supported by a
course work book.
This course will enable you to put your newly enhanced knowledge
and skills into practice back in your organisation, project or
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Explored their management role and responsibilities.
- Enhanced their supervisory and appraisal skills.
- Developed their own induction checklist.
- Considered effective ways of managing performance and
- Identified a range of learning and development opportunities
suited to their team.
- Identified their own strengths, weaknesses, values and
Who this course is for
This course is for current line managers or for staff who have
recently moved into line management.
We can also tailor this course for your organisation, contact us for an informal
discussion about your learning needs