This course will help participants identify the various barriers to involvement, and learn about, explore and share strategies to minimise or overcome these barriers
This course will assist workers to identify the various
barriers to involvement and explore and share strategies with other
professionals to minimise and overcome these barriers.
The course will use participative and inclusive methods to
engage with issues around exclusion and being seldom heard;
participants will examine their own practice and look at ways that
they could work more effectively with underrepresented groups.
Participants will work systematically through a set of issues to
enable them to devise their own strategy for engaging with hard to
reach groups. This will be supplemented by examples of good
practice and case studies.
- To identify those who participants find to be seldom heard
- To have clear ideas how to progress with their own area of
- Identify ways to engage with people who are seldom heard
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand a participatory tool to help you to identify the
most important seldom heard group you need to engage with
- Identify some important barriers to involvement experienced by
individuals and communities
- Create a strategy to engage with seldom heard groups
This course is suitable for any individual or organisation that
wishes to engage with individuals that they find are seldom heard
or 'hard to reach'.
We can also tailor this course for your organisation, contact us for an informal
discussion about your learning needs.