12 Jul 2018
The Community Foundation in Wales has opened the ‘Transformation & Growth Fund’ to help voluntary and community organisations serving those at risk of homelessness.
The fund is designed to help address local housing and
homelessness issues by providing grassroots organisations with
development grants to build sustainability, develop ideas and
deploy innovative solutions; and increase these organisations'
capacity and resilience so they are more sustainable with greater
capacity to support people in vulnerable housing
How much is available?
Grants will be offered between £10,000 - £25,000 for a
duration of up to two years.
Who can apply?
Funded organisations will be serving those at risk of
homelessness which may include migrants, offenders, people with
mental health needs, women, young people.
Organisations from the following counties in Wales can apply:
- Blaenau Gwent
- Merthyr Tydfil
- Neath Port Talbot
- Rhondda Cynon Taf
- The Vale of Glamorgan
Organisations should be addressing at least one of the 3
priority areas below:
To increase economic well-being by:
- equipping people with skills to move towards economic
stability, enabling them to overcome barriers to employment and
encouraging sustained employment;
- increasing the impact of entitlements;
- maximising income through wage growth and enabling people to
secure and maintain their entitlements; and
- challenging pricing mechanisms that disadvantage low-income
To improve the supply of low-income housing and housing
- defending existing low-income housing and encouraging the
re-use of vacant housing; and
- increasing the social value of existing or planned low-income
housing by enhancing its management.
To prevent homelessness by:
- advocating for people facing a housing crisis, who are living
in public housing, the private rented sector or who are low-income
- identifying groups who are at greater risk of homelessness and
encouraging early intervention and support; and
- challenging structures and policies that compromise people's
ability to achieve housing stability.
How to apply
There are two stages to the application process. Firstly, you
will submit a short Expression of Interest form. If successful, you
will be contacted by your local Community Foundation within a
month, to attend an application workshop and submit a full
Visit the CFIW website for more information and application
DEADLINE for Expression of Interest Form - 3rd
of August 2018