Why bother having a fundraising strategy? Why don't we just get
on with raising funds? If all you need to do is raise £250 for some
equipment, you don't need a strategy other than to organise a
fundraising event or local sponsorship.
However, if you need £100,000 to buy and fit out a new youth
centre, you will almost certainly be looking at raising large
chunks of money from different sources. You need to know what to
expect from each.
With uncertainty about funding being such an important issue, a
well developed fundraising strategy will help to:
- Provide clarity about the organisation's aims and
- Ensure priorities are realistic and achievable
- Ensure better targeting of funders
- Ensure the highest possibility of funding success
- Encourage a shared responsibility for fundraising