There are hundreds of people in Wales helping their communities and each other in all sorts of remarkable ways. And since 2004 the Wales Volunteer of the Year Awards has been shining the spotlight on these incredible people.
Nominations are CLOSED for the Wales Volunteer of the Year Awards
Thanks for your nominations!
Do you know of an inspirational individual or group that
has made a real difference to their area or to the lives of
Recent data from the Third Sector Data
Hub shows that 28% of people in Wales volunteer. If you
know someone who goes above and beyond to donate their time to a
good cause, why not nominate them for a Wales Volunteer of the Year
Award? It's your chance to get these remarkable people the
recognition they deserve.
There are six categories for nominations:
- Adult (25 years and over)
- Young volunteer (under 25 years)
- 'Green' volunteer (individual of any
age who volunteers with an environmental organisation or
- Groups (two or more individuals,
whether as an informal group or a formally constituted
- 'Digital' volunteer (an
individual who has helped tackle digital exclusion and helped
others to experience the benefits of using ICT) supported
Read more about last year's winners
What you need to do
- Read the rules of the scheme (below) and get the permission of
the individual or group you want to nominate
- Complete a nomination
form* (NB the judges will base their decision on your answers.
Only information supplied on the nomination form will be
Return the form by 20 April 2018 to:
Wales Volunteer of the Year Awards
Mount Stuart Square
to download a nomination form
*PLEASE NOTE, the form cannot be completed in
your web browser. If you are completing the form on your computer
or device, you'll need to download (or save) a copy of
it before filling it in to avoid having to re-type any
information. Open the downloaded form to begin filling it in, you
can save as you go along. Once you've completed the form please
save it a final time before submitting it. If you have any queries
please contact us on 0800 2888 329.
- The judging panel will select winners in each category
- Winners will be invited to attend an award ceremony to be held
Rules of the scheme
- Nominations must be received by 20 April 2018 at
WCVA, Baltic House, Mount Stuart Square, Cardiff Bay CF10 5FH,
using an official nomination form.
- Individuals cannot be nominated by a partner or family member,
or nominate themselves. Please note: Groups cannot be nominated by
an employee, volunteer or trustee of the organisation.
- You may only nominate one nominee or group from each
- The nominees must either live in Wales or undertake their
volunteering work in Wales. The groups nominated must be based in
Wales. We also welcome nominations for individuals and groups who
volunteer abroad for an organisation based in Wales.
- Permission must be sought from the person or group
- Personal details provided on the nomination form may be passed
on to partner organisations and to the media for publicity
purposes. If you are not willing for any information to be shared
in this way or if you do not wish media organisations to contact
the nominee or nominator, please let us know as soon as
- Previous winners of major Wales/UK awards are not eligible for
nomination including the Wales Volunteer of the Year Award.
- The judges' decision on entries is final. The judges reserve
the right not to make an award in any particular category if they
feel that nominations are not suitable.
- The nature of the certificates and awards presented is the
decision of WCVA. No alternative prizes will be considered.