Edward has been involved in the Third Sector for over 50 years.
He is currently Chairman of Gwent Association of Voluntary
Organisations a County Voluntary Council covering Gwent, Chairman
of Gwent Scout Association, The Mission to Seafarers Newport, and
the Merchant Navy Welfare Board South East Wales.
Edward is also a member of:
- Aneurin Bevan Community Health Council
- Independent Advisory Group to Gwent Police
- Independent Advisory Panel to British Transport Police
- Crown Prosecution Service Hate Crime Scrutiny Pane.
- Police Community Liaison for Crown Prosecution Service, Local
Criminal Justice Board BME Groups
- Newport Police Divisional Commander Ethnic Leader's Forum.
- Gwent Domestic Violence and Race Scrutiny
Edward was honoured to have recently received an MBE, and the
role of Deputy Lieutenant for Gwent. Two years ago Edward was also
honoured to receive a special 50-year award from HRH The Princess
Royal for Services and dedication to The Mission to
Edward has been involved in the Third Sector for many years,
this has enabled him to build up a good network of strategic
contacts across Gwent. Edward's role on different Committees has
given him the opportunity of ensuring that the Third Sector remains
at the forefront of GAVO's strategic partner's portfolio's, such as
the Well-being of Future Generations.
Edward has experience of governance, strategic direction,
financial management and participation, and will commit the time to
ensuring that being a member of WCVA's Board that all of these
points are adhered too, by WCVA. He will support WCVA's
Senior Management Team when required.