WCVA aims to be the primary source of high quality information regarding the size, scope, activity and impact of the third sector in Wales.
The most recent summaries of statistics are
More of our Research papers can be found on the publications
The state of the third sector in
The 'State of the Sector' survey is now open, to download the
survey click here
or complete online.
We conduct a regular 'State of the Sector' survey, highlighting
the effects of the recession and public sector funding pressures.
Read the latest State of the Sector report.
We then turn this research into insights regarding trends and
emerging themes in the sector. You can read our latest 'Foresight'
working paper here.
Support for Researchers
WCVA helps to develop and empower research and researchers
within the third sector by
- Networking with researchers in all sectors inWales,UKand
- Providing information and support for research projects
- Updating the sector on relevant research news
To receive research news by email, contact us.
We want research and statistical policy to reflect the values,
aims and objectives of the third sector through
- Networking with research policy makers and funders
- Enabling patient, service user, carer and public involvement in
- Promoting user led research and evaluation techniques
- Enabling third sector organisations to demonstrate their value
or impact and understand the implications of social, technological
and economic changes.
If you're also interested in this work the following resources
may be useful:
Our research values
WCVA seeks to undertake quality research, based on the following
- Equality and social justice: All people have an equal value and
research should reflect their rights and freedoms.
- Empowerment: working and learning together: Valuing, sharing
and using the skills, knowledge, experience and diversity within
communities to enable the best research to be conducted.
- Sustainability: To promote social, environmental and economic
sustainability in research goals, approaches and uses of human and
- Participation: The right for all to be active participants in
research that affects their communities and lives
- Reflective practice: To evaluate research aims and practice
with stakeholders to inform future action
You can find all of our research publications and working papers
on our research publications page.