Over a million people in Wales help their communities and each other in all sorts of remarkable ways. And since 2004 the Wales Volunteer of the Year Awards has been shining the spotlight on these incredible people.
Carmarthen's Manon Haf Lewis won a Young Person gong for her
work as a Time to Change Wales Champion
Wales Volunteer of the Year Awards 2015
Do you know of an inspirational individual or group that has
made a real difference to their area or to the lives of others? If
so, why not nominate them for a Wales Volunteer of the Year Award?
It's your chance to get these remarkable people the recognition
There are six categories for nominations:
- adult (25 years and over)
- young volunteer (under 25 years)
- 'green' volunteer (individual of any age who volunteers with an
environmental organisation or project)
- groups (two or more individuals, whether as an informal group
or a formally constituted organisation)
- international (for individuals who have volunteered with
international partners/organisations in Wales)
What you need to do
- Read the rules of the scheme (below) and get the permission of
the individual or group you want to nominate
- Complete a nomination
form (NB the judges will base their decision on your answers.
Only information supplied on the nomination form will be
- Return it by 22 April 2015 to:
Wales Volunteer of the Year Awards
Mount Stuart Square
For more information and to make your nomination, download the
brochure and nomination form here.
Rules of the scheme
- Nominations must be received by 22 April 2015 at WCVA,
Baltic House, Mount Stuart Square, Cardiff Bay CF10 5FH, or firstname.lastname@example.org, using an
official nomination form (or a photocopy or downloaded
- Individuals cannot be nominated by a partner or family member,
or nominate themselves. Please note: Groups cannot be nominated by
an employee, volunteer or trustee of the organisation.
- You may only nominate one nominee or group from each
- The nominees must live in Wales, or undertake their
volunteering work in Wales. The groups nominated must be based in
- Permission must be sought from the person or group
- Personal details provided on the nomination form may be passed
on to partner organisations and to the media for publicity
purposes. If you are not willing for any information to be shared
in this way or if you do not wish media organisations to contact
the nominee or nominator, please let us know as soon as
- Previous winners of major Wales/UK awards are not eligible for
nomination including the Wales Volunteer of the Year Award.
- The judges' decision on entries is final. Up to three winners
will be selected for each award category. The judges reserve the
right not to make an award in any particular category if they feel
that nominations are not suitable.
- The nature of the certificates and awards presented is the
decision of WCVA. No alternative prizes will be considered.