Deadline extended – you’ve got an extra week to nominate your Wales Volunteer of the Year! The final deadline is now 5pm on Friday, 19 April
The Wales Volunteer of the Year Awards
2013 is the moment for Wales' most dedicated
individual volunteers and voluntary groups to be applauded. There
are five nomination categories, so there's a place to nominate
everyone who deserves it.
Nominations are now open in five categories:
- Young Person (under 25)
- Green Volunteer
You can download a nomination form by clicking the image above
or the link to the right of the page. Alternatively, hard copies
are available by calling our Helpdesk on 0800 2888 329.
Nominations close on 19 April 2013. Make sure you get that group
or individual that moment in the spotlight they deserve.
Get all the up-to-the minute Volunteer of the Year news by
searching #voty2013 on Twitter.
Rules of the scheme
1. Nominations must be received by 19 April 2013 at WCVA, Baltic
Mount Stuart Square, Cardiff Bay CF10 5FH, or firstname.lastname@example.org,
official nomination form (or a photocopy or downloaded
2. Individuals cannot be nominated by a partner or family
nominate themselves. Groups cannot be nominated by an
volunteer or trustee of the organisation.
3. You may only nominate one nominee or group from each
4. The nominees must live in Wales, or undertake their
volunteering work in
Wales. The groups nominated must be based in Wales.
5. Permission must be sought from the person or group
6. Personal details provided on the nomination form may be
passed on to
partner organisations and to the media for publicity purposes.
If you are not
willing for any information to be shared in this way or if you
do not wish
media organisations to contact the nominee or nominator, please
know as soon as possible.
7. Previous winners of major Wales/UK awards are not eligible
including the Wales Volunteer of the Year Award.
8. The judges' decision on entries is final. Up to three winners
will be selected
for each award category. The judges reserve the right not to
make an award
in any particular category if they feel that nominations are not
9. The nature of the certificates and awards presented is the
decision of WCVA.
No alternative prizes will be considered.